Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bill R[_3_] Bill R[_3_] is offline

Default Date display problem (was Palette problem)

Bob Umlas very kindly gave me the answer to a problem I have had for quite
some time with inconsistencies of palettes over various spreadsheets. I
wonder if Bob or anyone else could help with another longstanding problem.

When I choose a graph (any graph) and change the range (scale) of months
(mmm yyyy) at the bottom of the graph, all dates in all spreadsheets which
are open at the time or are subsequently opened are changed to be displayed
as dd/mm/yy. This can be overcome by saving all spreadsheets, closing and
then re-opening Excel which is something which, logically, should not
happen.

How can this be prevented please?

Thanks.

Bill R