Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
michelle michelle is offline

Default Randomly add numbers in a group

Thanks! This is pretty cool. It didn't work on my data, but I tried it on
same sample lists and it worked on the samples. I guess that probably means
that there's a problem with my data.

"Max" wrote:

Try this Tom Ogilvy classic for a way using Solver:
http://tinyurl.com/5kx9bw

--
Max
Singapore
"Michelle" wrote:
I have a list of 11 numbers. I need to use some of those numbers to come to
a total of $3,144.28. I don't need all of those numbers, but I don't know
which ones to exclude. I also don't know how many of the 11 numbers I need.

Is there a function or something that would add random numbers in the group
until it finds what numbers make up the total I need?