Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mattlynn via OfficeKB.com Mattlynn via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Date(Year,Month,Day) not returnign correct date

Your data is not actually a date at this stage. Its just a numercal number

jlclyde wrote:
Hi
Try this =DATE(RIGHT(A1,4),LEFT(A1,2),MID(A1,3,2))

[quoted text clipped - 12 lines]

I learned something. Unless I write it exactly like you have it does
nto work. I am wondering why it does not work when you have in the
Year() , Month() and Day()? I am trying to show how the date function
works, that is why I was leaving in the functions for each part.
Thanks,
Jay

--
Matt Lynn