Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jlclyde jlclyde is offline

Default Date(Year,Month,Day) not returnign correct date

On Oct 16, 8:02*am, "John" wrote:
Hi
Try this =DATE(RIGHT(A1,4),LEFT(A1,2),MID(A1,3,2))
HTH
John"jlclyde" wrote in message

In the AS400 it stores date as monthdayyear and does not seperate
them. *So when it spits it out into excel this is what you get.
10012000. *So the date shoudl be October first 2000. *When I use this
formula if 1001200 was in cell A1 it woudl be =Date(Right(Year(A1),
4),Month(Left(A1,2)),Day(Right(Left(A1,4),2))) *It returns the date
10-1-1905. *Is this a bug or did I do something wrong? *I have tried
using value and Int to straighten it out with no luck.

Thanks,
Jay- Hide quoted text -

I learned something. Unless I write it exactly like you have it does
nto work. I am wondering why it does not work when you have in the
Year() , Month() and Day()? I am trying to show how the date function
works, that is why I was leaving in the functions for each part.
Thanks,
Jay