Vasant Nanavati

I think it should work without the third criterion, since the first one
(=0) would ignore blank cells. Didn't test it, though. as it seemed
straightforward enough.

--

Vasant

"KL" wrote in message
Nope, it just counts empty cells as 0-values. Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT((I4:I450=0)*(I4:I450<=10)*(I4:I450<" "))

KL

"Marty" wrote in message
Thanks for the response, but it didn't work. Result is 431. Looks like
it
has "summed the product" instead of counting the cells.

I seem to recall someone writing about a double negative (--)somehow

being
used in the SUMPRODUCT function to trick it into counting rather than
multiplying or summing.

Any other ideas?

"Vasant Nanavati" wrote:

COUNTIF doesn't play well with AND. Try:

=SUMPRODUCT((I4:I450=0)*(I4:I450<=10))

--

Vasant

"Marty" wrote in message
Hey all:

This seems like such a simple problem, but I've been staring at it

for
while and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I have numbers ranging from 0 to 100 in cells I4 to I450 in a
worksheet.
want to count the cells by increments of 10. In other words, I need

10
formulas showing:
-how many numbers are greater than zero and less than or equal to 10,
-how many are greater than 10 but less than or equal to 20,
-greater than 20 but less than or equal to 30,
and so forth.

Here is the formula I put into the cell to calculate the =0 and <=

10
range:

=COUNTIF(I4:I450,AND(I4:I450=0,I4:I450<=10))

This yields a zero. I know the answer should be 168.

Can somebody please tell me what's wrong with this formula?

Thanks,
MARTY