Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Barb Reinhardt Barb Reinhardt is offline

Default Where does Excel2007 save files -- not where I select?

Are you opening them from an email and then just saving? If so. you need to
either right click and save them to the location you want, or open and saveas
to the location you want. This is not an Excel issue, you need to do this
with everything.

HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

"Dick" wrote:

I cannot find where Excel 2007 with Vista saves files. When saving I give it
a new name, a new folder to file Excel.xlsx and after filing -- nothing. A
global search shows that sometime, not always, it ends up in TEMP. Any help
on what is happening (hate Vista)?