Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ashish Mathur[_2_] Ashish Mathur[_2_] is offline

Default merging two worksheets

Hi,

In the first worksheet, use the VLOOKUP() function. You may read up on the
same in the Help menu - it is well explained.

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"Jim B" wrote in message
I have two woksheets of voter data. The first worksheet has three columns:
Voter ID#, Election Date, Election discription, Voting Method.

The second worksheet has multiple columns, the first being Voter ID#. The
remaining columns are -First Name, Last Name, Street number, Street Name,
Phone number, Precinct Name, ....and so on.

I wish to pull the individual information columns from the second
worksheet
into the First worksheet based upon the 1st column that is common to both
worksheets-Voter ID#.

There are more entiries in the second worksheet than the first. I only
need
the additional info from the second worksheet for the Voter ID#s that are
listed in the First worksheet.

This is 140,755 rows for The First woksheet.

I am a novice at this. I have the original data of these worksheets on a
CD
in text, comma deliniated format also, if this helps make it easier. I do
not
have Access, but I am not opposed to getting it if it would make this
easier.
--
Jim B