Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default How to 'split' data from 1 column into 2??

Good catch.

I tend to make things more convoluted than necessary.

Gord

On Thu, 15 Oct 2009 14:54:46 -0500, Glenn wrote:

If your first statement is true, then in B1:

=LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-4)

Gord Dibben wrote:
If you always have 4 trailing numbers.

In C1 enter =RIGHT(A1,4) copy down

In B1 enter =MID(A1,1,LEN(A1)-LEN(C1)) copy down

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 15 Oct 2009 09:17:17 -0700, Jen
wrote:

Hi!

Can anyone help me with a formula for Excel 2003 to split data from 1 column
into 2?

Data Examples:
COUN1234
PS3524
PSY5002

I want to have a formula to split the alpha data from the numeric data. As
you can see, the alpha data is of varying lengths.

Thanks ahead of time for anyone who can assist with this!

-Jen;-)

Jennifer Moulton