Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jacob Skaria Jacob Skaria is offline

Default Calculate total time between two dates

Enter the date and time as below

-Press Ctrl+; (semicolon) in A1 so that excel will input the current date.
Edit the date to suit
-Press spacebar for a space
-Press Ctrl+Shift+; (semicolon) after the space so as to input the current
time. Edit the time to suit
--Press Enter and you will have the date and time in excel date time
format...Now you can right click the cell Format Cells and select a date
format or select custom and enter a format which you would like
--Once you do that in these two cells ; you can find the difference...using
the below formula
=B1-A1
--and custom format the formula cell to the below to display the difference
in hours/ minutes
[h]:mm

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria

"Lloyd" wrote:

Hi
i first want to say thank you. I hope I explain myself.

A1. Sunday 23:00
B1. Monday 01:00

=Sum(B1-A1)
I am getting -22 hours