Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Josie Josie is offline

Default Count categories in one column if within particular month

i have a spreadsheet in Excel 2003 which is used as the source data to
produce a pie chart which shows particular categoreis e.g housekeeping,
manual handling occurrences. The data is entered onto the spreadsheet as
occurrences happen. Column A is the date, column l is the category. The
categroy data is transferred onto a table on a new sheet using formulae e.g.
=COUNTIF(Sheet1!$F$2:$F$500,A4) and the data on this table is presented
alongside a pie chart of the data. I want to produce a separate chart for
each month of the year as well as the cumulative total. How do I pick up the
data for a particular month? The data is entered onto the spreadsheet of
source data in date order but the number of entries will vary each month
--
Josie