Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sklyn Sklyn is offline

Default "Save As" Max file size?

Hi guys, This is gunna seem like a really dumb question,,,

But, In Excel 2003 is there a max file size which you can use "save as".
I have a workbook which I wish to make read only but the save as function
always causes excel to "Not Responding".
On smaller workbooks it works fine.
Is it just my workstation can't cope with it or could there be some other
issue?
I can copy the closed file and rename no problem.
Is there another way to create a 'Read Only' file?

Thanks for your understanding and assistance.