Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sheikh Saadi Sheikh Saadi is offline

Default Copy Excel Function from a Cell Through a Function

Hi All,

I am working on a report and stuck-up with a problem. If a cell I have a
formula let say Sum(c2:c10). And c2 through c10 I have the sales of the
quarter from different vendors. Now I am applying vlookup formula in column G
to lookup the vendor code and picking up the values from another sheet. It is
simple and working fine. Now I want to check if the cell (eg. C11) has a
formula sum(c2:c10) cell G11 should copy the same formula for the relative
range e.g sum(g2:g10)

Is it even possible without using any VBA coding.

My sample data is given below.

Vend Code Vend Name QTR 1 QTR 2 QTR 3 QTR 4
V001 AAA 2000 21000 2000 21000
V014 NNN 15000 8000 15000 8000
V003 CCC 4000 19000 4000 19000
V010 JJJ 11000 12000 11000 12000