Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sean Timmons Sean Timmons is offline

Default sum hours and minutes with Excel 2000

do you have the cells set as 2:03 or do you have one cell with 2 and one with
3?

If the former, merely do =SUM(A2:A50) and format your result cell under
Custom as [h]:mm. If the latter, do a sum of the hours divided by 24 and a
sum of the minutes divided by 1440, then add those cells together and format
as [h]:mm

"bill" wrote:

During the year I kept a log of the hours and minutes spent daily on a
project. Now the tax man want me to post it in hours and minutes per week. I
have Excel 2000 and I would like to add up the total number of hours spent in
each week.

Bill