Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
JP[_4_] JP[_4_] is offline

Default New Excel Document

Not sure what you mean. If you set up book.xlt and sheet.xlt and save
in your XLSTART folder, you can press Ctrl+N or click the "New" button
on the Standard toolbar and get a new workbook customized as you did
with the template. What you cannot do (as Gord instructed) is go to
File New... and choose "Blank workbook."

--JP

On Oct 15, 11:05*am, Bill wrote:
JP, thank you. *This works when starting excel. *My problem is once I'm in
excel and I want to open a NEW document *from the menu bar, it opens a new
document wihout my desired settings. *I guess I can just select FILE and open
the initial document again, as long as it was one of my recent documents.

I guess I'm being lazy.
--
William Reilly