Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Double Lookup

Debra Dalgleish has lots of notes:
http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions03.html (for =index(match()))
and
http://contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html#Trouble

Look at example #3.

Teddy-B wrote:

I have to lookup in two ways and don't know how. I need to lookup a certain
date that is always in B5 but that may change. and a certain name that is
always in A5 but that may change. The list shows names and amounts assigned
to the point where name and date meets and I need the amount. For example in
cell B10 the amount is $5. Cell B5 shows 10-1-2009 and Cell A5 shows james.
So I need to look up that james got $5 on the date 10-1-2009. The report is
weekly so the pay period ending will change every two weeks. That is where my
trouble is.

Thanks for your help!

--

Dave Peterson