Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
smartin smartin is offline

Default Spreadsheet organization

vrjt01 wrote:
I have an Excel spreadsheet that has 19 columns and 600 rows. The first row
is the identifier that I want to use. Meaning the first column has numbers 1
- 126 that identify that row. Now the total of each number can vary from
three rows up to 6 rows.

What I need to do is use this identifier to reorder the data so instead of
having 600 rows I need the similar rows (based on the identifier) to follow
it's predecessor instead of starting a new row.

I am hoping that there is a formula that can be written so that I don't have
to manually adjust the spreadsheet.

Any help would be appreciated.

Would you please post a *small* sample (say, 3 columns and 10 rows) of
example data as well as what the solution should look like?