Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
jana jana is offline

Default If & sumproduct formula with text

I have 3 columns A, B, C. Column A has rows with either a blank cell, the
word "shift" or the word "hazard". Columns B & C have numbers. I want the
formula to look at a range in column A (A1:A20), and if a row has the word
shift, to multiply columns B & C for the same range. I tried the following
formula with no luck =IF(A1:A20="shift",SUMPRODUCT(B1:B20,C1:C20),0)
Obviously, not the correct formula for this situation. Any help would be
greatly apprectied!