Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Preschool Mike Preschool Mike is offline

Default Average last 3 in range

Thanks for your help. I tried what you suggested but it's still returning
the average of the entire row and not just the last three grades entered.
I'm sorry but I did leave out that this is the range of a row. X10:BB10
--
Mike Mast
Special Education Preschool Teacher

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

Try this

=AVERAGE(X1:BB1:INDEX(X1:BB1,LARGE(ROW(X1:BB1)*(X1 :BB1<""),3)))

This is an array formula which must be entered by pressing CTRL+Shift+Enter
'and not just Enter. If you do it correctly then Excel will put curly brackets
'around the formula {}. You can't type these yourself. If you edit the formula
'you must enter it again with CTRL+Shift+Enter.

Mike

"Preschool Mike" wrote:

I'm having trouble coming up with a formula that only averages the last three
grades in a range. The range is X:BB and the grades are as percentages
(e.g., 100%). Note: Some cells in the range may not have data in them, so
the formula needs to overlook them and only average the last three grades
entered.

All help is appreciated.

Thanks,