Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Displaying arrow in a dropdown list within cell

You can't using a DV drop down list. Thats just how it works.

You can widen the column to the right so the arrow doesn't obscure the data
in that cell.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Lionheart" wrote in message
I created a dropdown list in Excel 2007 using the 'Data Validation'
function.
I checked off 'In-cell dropdown' and finish process. However, whenever I
clicked in the cell where I created the dropdown list, the dropdown arrow
displays in the next cell to the right. This blocks the view o fthe
contents of that cell. My question: How to display the arrow of a
dropdown
list within cell I created the dropdown?

Thanks,

Lionheart