Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
elance elance is offline

Default GAL does not show up when e-mailing from Excel 2003

When I open excel and load or create a sheet or workbook, I then try to send
it via e-mail as an attachment (FileSend To) or by clicking the E-mail or
Send as Attachment buttons on the toolbar. The blank mail window opens and I
then click on the "To" button to open the GAL and select recipients, however
the window that opens is showing my Contacts and a drop down has one other
option to select a PAB....no GAL at all.
There is no selection for or way to select the GAL.

What I've checked so far:

I opened the address book in Outlook, selected ToolsOptions and made sure
the addressing "Show this address list first:" is set to the GAL (it is). The
GAL is the only entry in the "When sending mail, check names using these
address lists in the following order:" box.

From Outlook, creating a new e-mail and selecting the "To" button, the GAL
opens as expected. It just doesn't from Excel.

Another oddness; typically you should have Outlook open for all the Office
functions to work correctly, however if Outlook is not open when you select
E-mail from Excel, it should prompt you for the Outlook profile to use. It is
not doing this. Excel just opens the mail window with the same results.