Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jon Peltier[_2_] Jon Peltier[_2_] is offline

Default Something strange happening while switching from xlBar to xlStacke

What's strange? Your first task has values of 40099 and 40134, so when
you stack them, you get a combined length of 80233.

If you want to show one bar from the left edge of the chart to 11-Oct-09
and another stacked on it that stretches from 11-Oct-09 to 17-Nov-09,
you have to calculate the difference (duration) and plot this calculated
Duration data, not the Finish data.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://peltiertech.com/

SoftwareTester wrote:
While changing from xlBar into xlStackedBar the chart changes very strange.
If I change back all is OK again.

Task Start Finish
Task 1 13-Oct-09 17-Nov-09
Task 2 10-Nov-09 10-Mar-10
Task 3 01-Oct-09 01-Oct-09

I select all 3 columns and create a Bar chart from the menu. All OK
(for each task 2 bars appear, 'finish' being longer)

If I now change the charttype into StackedBar
the (each !) 'Start' bar will occupy the same size like the (each !)
'Finish' bar and will be visibible right in front of (or 'covering half of
the ) 'Finish' bar.

Any idea why it happens and how I can correct it