Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
FSt1 FSt1 is offline

Default Default version of Excel

hi
for some reason excel recognizes the LAST version instaled as the default
version.
if you want to have another version(earlier?) as the default version then
you may have to reinstall THAT version so that excel will recognize that
version as the last version installed and therefore the default version.
yeah, i know....stupid..... talk to microsoft.
regards
FSt1

"clr" wrote:

Hi All........

I have several versions of Excel on my computer at work and each time I get
a new higher version number....it seems to automatically become the default
version that files that I click on open in. This was tolerable untill
XL2007 came along. Now, everything opens in 2007 and I don't want
that.....I want to set the default back to some earlier version, say 2000.
I tried changing the set up in FolderOptions but it didn't seem to take.
Any help would be appreciated.

TIA
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3