Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
BNT1 via OfficeKB.com BNT1 via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Personal macro csv file

thank you Dave - took your advise - we are not getting any younger !. have
modified my tool bar and works perfect

Dave Peterson wrote:
If you're using tools|macro|macros (select the macro) and click Options

You'll see that that label for the shortcut key will change from Ctrl to
Ctrl-Shift when you type an uppercase key.

If you want to use an excel shortcut (I wouldn't!), it'll be up to use one that
you don't use very often. There are lots I'd stay away from.

A few years ago, I was interested in what letter keys were available (not
in-use) for shortcuts. (I think in the xl97 days...)

L, Q, T were available in excel
and
E, M, J were used in the VBE, but not in excel proper.

But I don't like using shortcut keys. Once the number of utility macros you
have gets more than a couple, it's difficult to remember (for me, at least).

I'd use a toolbar or modify the worksheet menubar (xl2003 choices)...

======
(Saved from a previous post)

For additions to the worksheet menu bar, I really like the way John Walkenbach
does it in his menumaker workbook:

Here's how I do it when I want a toolbar:
http://www.contextures.com/xlToolbar02.html
(from Debra Dalgleish's site)

In xl2007, those toolbars and menu modifications will show up under the addins.

And if you use xl2007:

If you want to learn about modifying the ribbon, you can start at Ron de Bruin's
site:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htm
http://www.rondebruin.nl/qat.htm -- For macros for all workbooks (saved as an
addin)
or
http://www.rondebruin.nl/2007addin.htm

Well, that explains why it kept closing the workbook !

[quoted text clipped - 18 lines]