Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier[_2_] Jon Peltier[_2_] is offline

Default merged cells and creating charts

The online help should say in size 16 type:

DON'T USE MERGED CELLS

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://peltiertech.com/

David Biddulph wrote:
I'd be willing to guess that Excel 2003 would have behaved the same.
Thank you for adding yet another example to the countless demonstrations
(listed in the archives of these Excel newsgroups) of why merged cells
should be avoided like the plague.
We keep advising people, but they keep shooting themselves in the foot by
using merged cells when there are usually much better alternatives (such as
the alignment option to "Center across selection").
--
David Biddulph

"Troubled excel user" <Troubled excel wrote
in message ...
I have tried to create a chart with data that is in merged cells where I
have
put in a formula to calculate the average of 4 cells in the row above.
When I
create the chart, it recognizes all 4 of the merged cells. So the graph
has 4
spaces for the data for each number I am trying to plot. I just got 2007
version and do not recall this problem at all in 2003 version