Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Niek Otten Niek Otten is offline

Default Need a formula for my personal finance spreadsheet

<I'm spending mine as fast as I can so there will be nothing left for my
heirs except some unpaid bills to look after.

Great!!

My dad always told me he'd be doing just that and he kept his word.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

I like your optimism...........using age 100 as an endpoint.

I'm spending mine as fast as I can so there will be nothing left for my
heirs except some unpaid bills to look after.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 8 Oct 2009 08:32:01 -0700, johndc43
wrote:

My knowledge of Excel is fairly basic, but I have developed a somewhat
complex personal finance spreadsheet for retirement planning. The
spreadsheet applies various income sources (pensions, soc Sec, 401(k),
other
investments, etc. all adjusted for earnings and taxes) to meet cash
requirements. If a set a yearly cash requirement, say 100, 000, then the
spreadsheet adjusts this each year for inflation and reveals in what year
my
assets will be depleted. I can use trial and error to determine the
annual
spend that will not deplete my assets until age 100. What I would like to
do
instead is have the spreadsheet deliver the annual spend that will deplete
my
investment assets at age 100.

It seems to me that this should be doable, but I have no idea how to go
about setting up a formula that will accomplish this. Can someone point
me
in the right direction? Thanks.