Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
vernon miller vernon miller is offline

Default Third dependent list data validation with illegal charaters

I'm trying to make 3 drop down lists with illegal characters in some of them, contextures has been a great help except my third list will not work properly - the lookup function seems to return the same data for each name that is identical in the second drop down list even tho it is in a different range example : Garage - 12x20 will return the same price as T-111 Cabin Shell - 12x20 . I am trying to make a drop down lists in the following order , Style: , Size: , Price: . Below is a sample of the Data I am entering. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks...

Garage 12x20 $4,785.00
12x24 $5,722.00
12x28 $6,659.00

Gazebo 10x14 Texan $5,295.00
12x16 Texan $6,695.00
9x9 Split Roof $2,995.00

Horse Barn

10x12 w/stall $2,849.00
10x16 w/1 stall $3,495.00
12x28 (2-12x10 stalls w/8' tackroom) $4,195.00

T-111 Cabin Shell
12x20 $4,829.00
12x24 $5,389.00
12x28 $6,119.00

Debra Dalgleish wrote:

Dependent Data Validation with Illegal Characters
12-Jan-08

I've updated the instructions for the lists with illegal characters.
Maybe this will help:

http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html#Illegal

Create a lookup table with the range names that you'll use for each
dependent list. For example:

Field Sales FieldSales
Distributor/State Manager DistribMgr
Sales Manager SalesMgr

Then, your SalesMgr list would contain the list of skills for Sales
Managers.

hjneedshelp wrote:

--
Debra Dalgleish