Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JP[_4_] JP[_4_] is offline

Default linking within a workbook and sorting

Use range names. If you name Sheet1!C4, then use the range name in
Sheet2!C3 when referring to the cell on sheet 1, you can resort Sheet
1 and preserve the reference.

--JP

On Oct 8, 9:09*am, bmac wrote:
I have an issue whereby I have linked cell in Sheet 2 that's linked to Sheet
1. When the sheet1 area sorts, my cell in Sheet 2 looses the data I want to
capture.

sheet1 below has this list, cell C4 has range name 'detail3'

line * *details number
4 * * * detail 4 * * * *103
3 * * * detail 3 * * * *102
2 * * * detail 2 * * * *100
1 * * * detail 1 * * * *99

In Sheet 2.C3 there is a link to Sheet1.C4. *
When I sort Sheet1 list my Sheet 2 doesn't capture the data I want.