Michael Harris \(MVP\)

Olivia Towery wrote:
I am using the CreateObject("Excel.Application") to create a workbook
from three separate tables in a sql db. This works great and
compiles three separate sheets to one workbook. The following lines
name and add the workbook to the directory:

fName = "" & strfile & ".xls"

xls.ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs server.MapPath(".") & "\" & fName
xls.Application.Quit

What do I need to add to make the object overwrite the existing file?

You could avoid the overwite by using FSO to explicitly check for the
existence of the file to be overwitten first and delete it if it exits
before calling the SaveAs method.

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft MVP Scripting