Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kiley Kiley is offline

Default Password Protection

Is there a way to setup a macro to protect the Workbook and then the user has
to know the password to unprotect the Workbook? I tried to set up a Marco to
lock the Workbook but then when I go to "Unprotect" the Workbook, it just
unprotects it and does not prompt for the password.

"Brad" wrote:

You could set up a macro that would unlock the spreadsheet (with the preset
password) and set up another macro that would lock the spreadsheet (with the
preset password). But I agree with Mike - that doesn't add any more security
than simply protecting the sheet without using a password.
--
Wag more, bark less

"Kiley" wrote:

I have password protected an Excel Workbook. However, users of this Workbook
need to unprotect the Workbook to make changes and then re-protect the
Workbook. Is there a way to lockdown the password so that when re-protecting
the Workbook, the password cannot be changed to something else?