Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Trying to Understand Trying to Understand is offline

Default Personal.xls Will Not Hide

Sorry; I didn't read your post completely before I responded.
Yes, we are using the Window, Hide command (after having made sure that
personal.xls is the active window). I donn't recall it asking us to save
changes, like it normally does. I know that it is supposed to do that.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

How are you (or that user) trying to hide the window?

I'd try:
Make personal.xls the activeworkbook
Window|hide (in xl2003 menus)
Then close excel.

You should be prompted to save personal.xls -- make sure that you choose Yes so
that personal.xls remains hidden.

Trying to Understand wrote:

Has anyone ever heard of a personal.xls file that refuses to hide? I have a
user whose file will not stay hidden. It closes instead.

--

Dave Peterson