Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
meltemi meltemi is offline

Default how do I paste or import without parsing??

I think I'm using Excel 2007, but I'm not sure because they hid the "Help
About" menu. There's a question mark icon at the upper right that leads to
online help, but the online help regarding how to find the version number
refers to menu items that I don't see anywhere.

How do I turn off automatic parsing for pastes or file imports? It always
does the wrong thing and parses on tabs. As suggested all over the web,
before the paste or import I tried doing a "Text to Columns" with settings
that will would correctly for the data I'm trying to import, but the import
still gets mangled.