Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Create Invoice in Excel?

If the value you input is part of the file name, you could do your input in one
cell and use the =hyperlink() worksheet function in the adjacent cell:

=hyperlink("file:////c:\yourpathtothefile\"&a1&".xls","Click me")
or
=hyperlink("file:////c:\yourpathtothefile\"&text(a1,"0000")&".xls","Cli ck me")

Change the drive letter and path (or UNC path) and the extension to what you
need.

Mike wrote:

Is there anyway I can input a number in excel and have excel link that number
to a invoice templete I created automatically?

I am not very familiar with hyperlink and how it works.

Your help is appreciated!

Thank you
Mike

--