Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JLatham JLatham is offline

Default Conditional Format

Conditional formatting is dependent on either a formula or value in a cell.
But in the 'mind' of Excel, a value is a formula. The code equivalent of
Edit -- Paste Special -- Values goes something like this (where A1 contains
a formula initially)
Range("A1").Formula = Range("A1").Value

Your conditional format statement might possibly work if you can limit the
range, but I suspect that your users may be typing in values that are very
much like the results of the formula. You could probably do this with VBA
code associated with the Worksheet_Change() event.

"Ed Davis" wrote:

Is there a way to conditional format a cell that does not have a formula.
It does not matter what the formula is as long as it does not have one.
I allow users to overwrite formulas but would like to be able to see what
ones were over written with a number.
I tried using ISNUMBER but even if it is a formula it returns TRUE.

--
Thank You in Advance
Ed Davis