Dean

Default Fan charts

I have started using Excel to draw something called fan charts or at least
attempt to. These are simply charts which are shaped like a 180 degree
drawing protractor which have been segemented and words and numbers inserted
into the segments.
Previously I have done this by hand which is time consuming and inprecise.

Can any suggest either template or other means by which I could draw this
fan charts and be able to insert words etc into the segments. I have
experimented with the shapes avaliable in Excel 2003 but todate I have not
had the results I was hoping for. I have turned the arch shapso that the
arch faced vertical and tried to cut of the square half of it's bottom. This
I was not able to do and segementing the actual arch with line drawing was
very difficult and in precise. The segements would not then accept any
letters. I also tried half cutting the circle shape from auto shapes but this
again was unsuccessful. If any one can help or suggest anuything then I would
be grateful to hear from them.