Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Louisa Louisa is offline

Default Excel -- Data Validation -- Create Dependent Lists

Hi

Can you create an automatic default value if you choose one option from a
drop down list and a dependant list if you do not.

I have been to the following website
"http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html"and have managed to create the
dependent lists and if I choose the yes answer then I get one list and if I
choose no then I get another but what I can not seem to do is to get it to
default automatically to one value if I choose no ie.
I have a yes or no drop down and if you answer No then I want it to
automatically assign N/A but if yes is chosen then they need to choose from
the applicable drop down list. At the moment you have to go into the cell and
choose N/A when you pick a No answer

I hope someone get help me

Thanks

Louisa