Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Vini Sanghavi Vini Sanghavi is offline

Default Pivot table multiple column fields - ShaneDevenshir

Hi Shane

I want to sort a pivot table by inner field (row label) ignoring the outer field. Can you please demonstrate your trick to do that.

Thanks

Vini

ShaneDevenshir wrote:

pivot table multiple column fields
10-Jun-08

Hi Natalie,

Are you talking about row or column fields?

If you want to sort on an "inner" field such as workstation location you can
but it will be sorted within the group(s) that are to the left of it ("outer"
fields). Does that meet your needs or are you trying to ignore the groupings
by part number and warehouse location when you sort?

If you want to sort by an "inner" field ignoring outer fields let me know
and also please make it clear are these row or column fields? There is a way
to accomplish this but its a little tricky and I will send you a file that
demonstrates the technique.

Actually, it might be good if you sent me your file as currently set up so I
can make sure we're on the same page.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire