Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Billy Liddel Billy Liddel is offline

Default Mode Function or MODE Function -- Can't get it to work!!

Another small point, you say that the data is formatted as numbers, if these
are by a calculation say X * .075 and you have formatted the number to say,
one decimal place then two number may look the same but in fact be slightly
different. Always use the round function to get the same results. e.g.
=ROUND(youcalulation,2) calculates each formula to 2 decimal places.

HTH, Peter A

"JoAn" wrote:

I am unable to get the Mode Function to tell me the most frequently occurring
number in Column G from row 1 through 447. I place my cursor just below the
last entry in column G. I then insert the function =MODE(G1:G447) and I get
N/A references or circular reference error messages. There are no blanks and
the entire column G is formatted as numbers. PLEASE help. I've looked
everywhere!