Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default copying 3D reference from one file to another

One way............

Copy the formula directly from the formula bar.

Paste that to new workbook.

Another way for multiple formulas..................

EditReplace

What: =

With: ^^^

Replace all

Copy and paste then reverse the editreplace.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 5 Oct 2009 12:58:02 -0700, Eric
wrote:

I have a file called Book1. In cell C1 on Sheet2 there is an equation that
reads:

=Sheet1!A1+10

I have another file called Book2. When I copy the above equation into cell
C1 on Sheet2 of Book2, it pastes in the following:

=[Book2]Sheet1!A1+10

So Excel wants to make a reference back to Sheet1!A1 in the original file.

I want to copy the equation over to the new book, but just have it make
reference to Sheet1!A1 in the new book, not back to the original file. It
seems like the reference to the sheet is absolute by default, but I want it
to be relative.

Is there a way to get Excel to copy a sheet reference from one file to
another without making reference back to the original file?

Thanks for any help.