Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Umlas[_3_] Bob Umlas[_3_] is offline

Default Why aren't formulas recognized

No -- select ALL the "bad" cells, use Data/text to columns and just click
Finish. All the leading apostrophes are gone!
Bob Umlas
Excel MVP

"BS" wrote in message
Now not so funny. I test to see if a value in cell is numeric. If cell
is
formatted as text, no value is recognized as numeric. Setting cell to
text
before entering data means I have to set each individual to numeric using
the
Smart Tag on EACH INDIVIDUAL CELL.

MS should fire someone for this stupidity.

Please excuse the rudeness, but this has multiplied my work and is a
stupid
freaking error.

"BS" wrote:

Well I'll be....

Put the cursor in the cell. Move focuse to the Formula box, move to the
first position (I see no quote/apostrophe) and press backspace.

Be sure to change pants after laughing so hard that you, well, you know.

"BS" wrote:

We recently upgrade to Office 2007. I have used Office products since
1995
and am a developer.

Often when I enter a formula in a cell, say: =IF(ISNUMBER(G2),0,1), the
expression is treated as though it were a string. There is no leading
quote
and no result.

what is up?