Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Find / Replace

I am trying to help a colleague who is a small problem with Find/Replace.
Her worksheet has cells with text in them like:

Health and Wealth

She wants to replace the €œand€ with €œor€. Find/Replace works just fine.
However in the original text, the word €œWealth€ is in Bold font. After the
Find/Replace, the Bold vanished. I pointed out that she could manually edit
the cells in the formula bar and preserve the mixed formatting. She said
this is not an option because of the large number of cells involved. I
countered with a suggestion that we could make a small macro to automate the
process. Sadly, the woman suffers from macrophobia and will not consider
this option either.

Is there a way to perform Find/Replace and preserve mixed formatting??

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200906