Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
joeu2004 joeu2004 is offline

Default Experience with 2003 & 2007 on same computer?

"Bob Phillips" wrote:
I have 2007 and 2003 on the same machine
(as well as 2000), no problem.

Thanks. Very helpful information.

I do find it very difficult to know which version
a spreadsheet will open in

Can you elaborate? Surely it is not random. (Famous last words.)

In Win XP, I believe there is a way to associate specific applications with
specific extensions. (Folder Options control File Types.) Can't you
assign Excel 2003 to "xls" and "csv" (and perhaps others) and Excel 2007 to
"xlsm"?

Not sure if browers pay attention to those File Types assignments, though.
The architecture has never been clear to me, e.g. how Excel appears to be in
an IE window instead of its own.