Bob Phillips

Susan,

Suggest starting a new thread if it doesn't

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Susan" wrote in message
I think this will work! I'll try it next week and let you know how I do!
Thanks!
--
Susan

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Hi Susan,

Very clear!

assuming Jan in A1, Feb in B1, Mar in C1, etc. enter this in B2

=(B1-A1)/A1

and format as a a percentage, then just copy across

If you want to setup for the year, use

=IF(B1="","",(B1-A1)/A1)

--

HTH

RP

"Susan" wrote in message
I am VERY new to spreadsheets! Is there a formula that will calculate

the
%
change in my investments from one entry to the next? In other words,

if
January's value of a stock is $10, and February's value is $12, and

March's
value is $6, can I get a cell that will show a 20% increase for Feb,

and
change to (50%) loss when I enter March's value? I hope this is

clear!
Thanks for any help!
Susan