Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Per Jessen Per Jessen is offline

Default copying some rows and columns

Jack,

I am glad you learned a bit from my code.

If you change the code to copy row 1 also and paste starting in row 1, the
textbox will not be copied, neither will the content of the textbox.

You can place the content of the textbox in the underlying cell. To do that,
enter design mode, and right click a textbox Properties Find LinkedCell
property, and enter the cell address, eg. A1, then you just change the code
to copy/paste starting at row 1

.Range("A1:C" & LastRow).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Copy
DestSh.Range("A1")

Hopes this helps.
Per

"Jack Sons" skrev i meddelelsen
Per,

Thank you. So much of my own clumsy code I can now discard! I really
learned a thing or two (or more)!

What if I also want to bring the cells in row 1 of the columns mentioned
to the destination sheet and I do not want the textboxes that exist in row
1 of the targetsheet to be copied to the destination sheet?

Jack.

"Per Jessen" schreef in bericht
Hi

I think this is what you need:

Sub aaa()
Dim TargetSh As Worksheet
Dim DestSh As Worksheet
Dim LastRow As Long

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Set TargetSh = Worksheets("Sheet1")
Set DestSh = Worksheets("Sheet2")
LastRow = 252
With TargetSh
.Range("DM1:DM" & LastRow).AutoFilter field:=1, Criteria1:="<x"
.Range("A2:C" & LastRow).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Copy
DestSh.Range("A2")
.Range("D2:D" & LastRow).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Copy
DestSh.Range("N2")
.Range("AA2:AA" & LastRow).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Copy
DestSh.Range("O2")
.Range("AK2:AL" & LastRow).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Copy
DestSh.Range("D2")
.Range("AM2:AM" & LastRow).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Copy
DestSh.Range("G2")
.Range("AN2:AN" & LastRow).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Copy
DestSh.Range("F2")
.Range("AO2:AO" & LastRow).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Copy
DestSh.Range("J2")
.Range("AP2:AP" & LastRow).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Copy
DestSh.Range("H2")
.Range("AR2:AR" & LastRow).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Copy
DestSh.Range("I2")
.Range("DM1:DM" & LastRow).AutoFilter
End With
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

Per

"Jack Sons" skrev i meddelelsen
Hi all,

Of sheet 1, rows 2 tot 252 and columns A to AR I want to copy

columns A to C to sheet 2 colums A to C rows 2 and further,
column D to sheet 2 colum N rows 2 and further,
column AA to sheet 2 column O rows 2 and further,
columns AK and AL to sheet 2 colums D and E rows 2 and further,
column AM to sheet 2 column G rows 2 and further,
column AN to sheet 2 column F rows 2 and further,
column AO to sheet 2 column J rows 2 and further,
column AP to sheet 2 column H rows 2 and further,
column AR to sheet 2 column I rows 2 and further,

and all that only for those rows where in column DM is not an "x".
Formats, text colors and interior colors are also to be copied.

Due to clumsy code (sorry for that) I can't change the order of the
columns in sheet 1 without getting an awful lot of trouble.

I'm looking for nice compact and fast executing code, your assistance
will be appreciated.

Jack Sons
The Netherlands