Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Per Jessen Per Jessen is offline

Default SumProduct Help

Hi Annie

Nothing seems to be wrong with your formula, which is also confirmed as it
works for one department.

I think you have to look for leading or trailing spaces in the location
column (and maybe in the others too).

Hopes this helps.
Per

"Annie" skrev i meddelelsen
Please help me with the sumproduct formula. I'm using this formula to tell
me
how many attendees, by department, attended a class at a particular time,
and
this WORKS:
=sumproduct(--(D3:D64=N1),--(F3:F64=N4),--(G3:G64=M1)

Now, I'm being asked to add the location, so I need to know how many
attendees, by department, attended a class in San Jose and how many
attended
class in San Francisco, so I did added the location to the end:

=sumproduct(--(D3:D64=N1),--(F3:F64=N4),--(G3:G64=M1),(--(J3:J64=O1)
and it's NOT working, I even typed in the location as (J3:j64="San Jose")
and it still doesn't work. The formula worked for one department but not
the
others, for some reason it will not count the other departments -- it
gives
me 0 instead of the actual count. I checked to make sure the correct
cells
were typed in for each department and they are

Thanks, Annie