Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Toney Toney is offline

Default Marking duplicate entries based on multiple columns

Jacob,

Thanks for the reply. Your method worked.

Toney

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

With the SUMPRODUCT() formula applied in D1 and copied down...you dont need
to have a temporary column...

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Toney" wrote:

DOH!

I didn't carry the function down the entire column. Once I did, using
CONCATENATE and COUNTIF worked.

Well if anyone else needs this info what I did was....
In D1 =CONCATENATE(A1,B1,C1) where A1 is name, B1 is size, C1 is date.
In E1 =IF(COUNTIF(D$1:D***,D1)1,"Duplicated","") where *** is the last
entry in Column D

Thanks for looking and if anyone has a slicker way of doing it, please reply.

Toney
"Toney" wrote:

Hi all,

I have a list of files that I'd like to mark the duplicates. I can't use
just the file name because some files have the same name but aren't the same
file. As I understand it COUNTIF can't be used with multiple comparisons.
I've tried CONCATENATE several of the columns and then using COUNTIF but it
doesn't seem to work.

Example of what I'm looking for....

File A, 400k, 9/23/09, Duplicate
File A, 450k, 9/23/09