Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jacob Skaria Jacob Skaria is offline

Default Conditional Formatting

Jim, thanks for explaining. Appreciate that..

When I ready the post initially it seemed to me that column T is 'column of
amounts'.

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

Note that CountIf will treat strings and numbers the same. To that end
countif can find the value while vlookup will evaluate to NA. For example if
123 is a string and you try to find it in a group of numbers it will return
NA. Countif however would find it. That is a feature that I leverage in my
reference functions such as VLookup or match but I am not sure that it is
appropriate here. That is for the OP to decide...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Paste the below as CF formula

=AND(A1<TODAY(),B25<0,COUNTIF(T:T,B25)=0)

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Brian" wrote:

I setup the following formula in conditional formatting to turn the cell
yellow if the amount listed in cell B25 is not found in column T.
I then also added the beginning part of the formula to not turn yellow if
the date listed in cell A1 is a day in the futu

=0=IF(A1=TODAY(),1,IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(B25,T2:T1500,1 ,0)),0,1))

I want to add one more condition to the forumla that says if the amount
listed in cell B25 is 0, don't turn the cell yellow.
How can I tweak the formula listed above?
Right now the cell is turning yellow because a 0 is in cell B25, but not
found in column T.

Any help would be appreciated!