Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sean Timmons Sean Timmons is offline

Default How do I use autotext in excel?

If you have a list of data, when you type a new value, Excel will initiate
auto text on it's own.

One thing you CAN do is use Autocorrect (ToolsAutoCorrect) to make a set of
keystrokes mean something else.

Just know that whatever you enter will apply to all Excel workbooks you
subsequently use.

So, if you do go this route, make your autocorrect keystrokes something very
unique.

"jimmys3rd" wrote:

I use excel in work but type the same text constantly therefore would like to
insert the text so that I can use it over and over again without having to
type it all out. Autotext works in word by just typing the first couple of
letters of the name of text and the whole paragraph appears so I wonder if
there is a way to use this in Excel 2003. I also work from home sometimes
where I use excel 2007 so i would like to know if it would also work in Excel
2007