Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
MikeyB MikeyB is offline

Default If Statement to display 3 different outputs instead of 2

Wow, thanks Jacob, that got it working a treat!

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Try

=IF(A1="P","Passed",(IF(A1="f","Failed",IF(A1="o", "Other",""))))

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria

"MikeyB" wrote:

I am trying to use an if statement to get 1 of a possible 3 inputs and then
display in a more human friendly manner, for example.

The 3 inputs a

If someone types in p then I would like to have Passed displayed, f should
display failed and o should display other. It works great if there are just
2 options but I cannot seem to find a solution for 3 variables.