Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ED2 ED2 is offline

Default VLookup Function & Data Source

Thanks for responding J. I thought the same thing about invisible characters
but do not know how to alleviate it. Examples of formulas I'm using are
=VLOOKUP(BB_Users!$A1,BB_Users!$A$1:$L$2000,4,FALS E)

"JLatham" wrote:

What version of Excel?

And more importantly, what formula is returning #NA ? Is it a VLOOKUP() or
HLOOKUP()?

Do you get #NA for ALL formulas involved, or just some?

Examples of the formula and data involved would be good to have here.

I suspect that the data from the "other source" that's giving you the #NA is
possibly text, and there may be invisible characters (spaces or tabs most
likely culprits) as part of that data. Added spaces would probably be
noticeable if they're at the start of the data, but not if they're at the end
of it.

"Ed2" wrote:

I have a 3 page spreadsheet which works flawlessly when I paste data copied
from one source but returns #NA with the same data from another source. I
have checked properties, number vs. test formats and such but to no avail.
AQny suggestions?