Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ymgagnon ymgagnon is offline

Default How can I copy plain text from Excel to Notepad?

I have used the CONCATENATE function to put together a header for a SQL
script all in one cell. In Excel, this uses CHAR(10) as the newline
character, and displays on multiple lines within a single cell. I would like
to be able to copy this to Notepad so I can make a "clean" version to send
along to DBAs, but when it moves to Notepad, I get a big mess of non-printing
characters. (And if I use the CLEAN function in Excel, the format goes away
entirely)

Any ideas how to preserve the format in the cell, but still have the text
copyable to Notepad?